Mohammad Ali Zahed
Postdoctoral Fellow, Environmental Engineering, Auburn University, United States of America November 2011
PhD, Environmental Engineering, USM, Malaysia – USC, United States of America October 2010
Kharazmi University, Tehran-Iran 2015 – Present
M&Z International Environmental Consultancy, Houston, TX, USA 2012 – 2015
Auburn University, Auburn, AL, USA 2010 – 2011
University of Southern California (USC) Los Angeles, CA, USA 2009 – 2010
Related course works and projects:
• Accomplished courses in Environmental engineering: Environmental pollution, Waste management, Renewable Energy as well as water and wastewater treatment.
• Energy and environmental analysis.
• Health, Safety & Environment (HSE).
• Cleanup technologies.
Invited Speaker / Lecturer/ Assistant professor
• University of Tehran, Auburn University, Phoenix University, Azad University, Houston University, The University of Texas at Austin, Kharazmi University
• Gold Medal, Anugerah Sanggar Sanjung, USM, 2010-2011
• Outstanding researcher Award, UNCC, 2004
• Young scientist prize, Mohitnama Research Institute, 1997
• Auburn Alumni Association
• American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
• World Environmental Organization (WEO)
• Mohajeri, L., Zahed, M. A., Aziz, H. A., & Isa, M. H. (2016). Assessment of Bioaugmentation and Biostimulation Efficiencies for Petroleum Contaminated Sediments. Environmental Energy and Economics International Research, 1, 91-99.
• Karbassi, S., Malek, M., Shahriari, T., & Zahed, M. A. (2016). Uptake of metals by plants in urban areas. International Journal of Environmental Science and Technology, 1-8.
• Mojiri, A., Aziz, H. A., Zaman, N. Q., Aziz, S. Q., & Zahed, M. A. (2016). Metals removal from municipal landfill leachate and wastewater using adsorbents combined with biological method. Desalination and Water Treatment,57, 2819-2833.
• Mojiri, A., Aziz, H.A., Zahed M.A., Aziz, S.Q. Selamat M.R.B. (2014) Phytoremediation of Heavy Metals from Urban Waste Leachate by Southern Cattail (Typha domingensis), International Journal of Scientific Research in Environmental Sciences 1, 63-70
• Mirza, R., Mohammadi, M., Faghiri, I., Abedi, E., Fakhri, A., Azimi, A., & Zahed, M. A. (2014). Source identification of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) in sediment samples from the northern part of the Persian Gulf, Iran. Environmental monitoring and assessment, 186(11), 7387-7398.
• Jamshidi, A., Hamzah, M.O., Zahed M.A. (2014) Rheological Evaluation and Modeling of Sasobit-Modified Asphalt Binder at High Temperatures, Petroleum Science and Technology 31 (15), 1574-1584
• Mohebbi-Nozar, S. L., Ismail, W. R., Zakaria, M. P., Mortazavi, M. S., Zahed, M. A., & Jahanlu, A. (2014). Health risk of PCBs and DDTs in seafood from Southern Iran. Human and Ecological Risk Assessment: An International Journal, 20(5), 1164-1176.
• Zahed M.A., Aziz H.A., Isa M.H. Mohajeri L. (2012) Response surface analysis to improve dispersed crude oil biodegradation, Clean air, soil, water 40: 262-267.
• Mohajeri L., Aziz H.A., Isa M.H. Zahed M.A. (2012) Bioaugmentation and biostimulation performance for petroleum hydrocarbons removal in artificially contaminated soil, submitted to Petroleum science and technology.
• Zahed M.A., Aziz H.A., Isa M.H., Mohajeri L., Mohajeri S. (2011) Kinetic modeling and half life study on bioremediation of crude oil dispersed by Corexit 9500, Journal of Hazardous Materials, 185: 1027-1031.
• Mohajeri L., Aziz H.A., Zahed M.A., Mohajeri S., Kutty S.R.M., Isa M.H. (2011) Response surface analysis and modeling of n-alkanes removal through bioremediation of weathered crude oil, Water Science and Technology, 63: 618-626.
• Mohajeri S., Aziz H.A., Zahed M.A., Mohajeri L., Bashir M.J.K., Aziz S.Q., Adlan M.N. Isa M.H. (2011) Multiple responses analysis and modeling of Fenton process for treatment of high strength landfill leachate, Water Science and Technology 64:1652-1660.
• Zahed M.A., Aziz H.A., Isa M.H., Mohajeri L. Mohajeri S. (2010) Optimal conditions for bioremediation of oily seawater, Bioresource Technology, 101: 9455-9460.
• Zahed M.A., Aziz H.A., Mohajeri L., Mohajeri S., Kutty S.R.M., Isa M.H. (2010) Application of statistical experimental methodology to optimize bioremediation of n-alkanes in aquatic environment, Journal of Hazardous Materials, 184: 350-356.
• Zahed M.A., Rouhani F., Mohajeri S., Bateni F., Mohajeri L. (2010) An overview of Iranian mangrove ecosystems, northern part of the Persian Gulf and Oman Sea, Acta Ecologica Sinica, 30: 240-244.
• Zahed M.A., Pardakhti A., Mohajeri L., Bateni F. (2010) Wet deposition of hydrocarbons in the city of Tehran-Iran, Air Quality, Atmosphere and Health, 3: 77-82.
• Mohajeri S., Aziz H.A., Isa M.H., Zahed M.A., Adlan M.N. (2010) Statistical optimization of process parameters for landfill leachate treatment using electro-Fenton technique, Journal of Hazardous Materials, 176: 749-758.
• Mohajeri L., Aziz H.A., Isa M.H., Zahed M.A. (2010) A statistical experiment design approach for optimizing biodegradation of weathered crude oil in coastal sediments. Bioresource Technology, 101: 893-900.
• Zahed M.A., Aziz H.A., Isa M.H., Mohajeri L. (2010) Effect of initial oil concentration and dispersant on crude oil biodegradation in contaminated seawater, Bulletin of environmental Contamination and Toxicology, 84:438-442.
• Mohajeri S., Aziz H.A., Isa M.H., Bashir M.J.K., Zahed M.A., Adlan M.N. (2010) Application of the central composite design for condition optimization for semi aerobic landfill leachate treatment using Electrochemical Oxidation, Water Science and Technology 61:1257- 1266.
• Mohajeri L., Aziz H.A., Isa M.H., Zahed M.A., Mohajeri S. (2010) Ex-situ bioremediation of crude oil in soil, a comparative kinetic analysis. Bulletin of environmental contamination and toxicology, 85:54-58.
• Zahed M.A., Aziz H.A., Isa M.H., Mohajeri L. (2010) Enhancement biodegradation of n-alkanes from crude oil contaminated seawater, International Journal of Environmental Research. 4:655-664.
• Zahed M.A., Nabi Bidhendi G., Pardakhti A., Esmaili-Sari A., Mohajeri S. (2009) Determination of polychlorinated biphenyl congeners in water and sediment in North West Persian Gulf, Iran. Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology, 83:899–902.
• Zare-Maivan H., Esmaili A., Salahi A., Zahed M.A. (1999) Measuring petroleum hydrocarbons and heavy metals in wetlands and coastal ecosystem of Southern Iran and source identification of oil related pollutants, Pajouhesh & Sazandegi, 43: 119-121.
• Zare-Maivan H., Savari A., Zahed M.A. (1999) Ecosystem damage and economic losses of southern wetlands of Iran following the burning oilwells of Kuwait in 1991, Pajouhesh & Sazandegi, 43: 113-115.